Friday, February 04, 2011

Star Wars, But From a Different Angle



From toplessrobot, I feel like I have failed as a nerd for never having heard of Jambe Davdar before. The man has made incredible awesome fan documentaries on Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and has just released one for Star Wars -- and if you're scoffing at the idea of a fan documentary, well, let me set you straight. Davdar's Star Wars Begins is essentially the entirety of Star Wars, but with all shit you've never heard or seen before. Seriously, he's found alternate takes, deleted scenes, original audio, quotes from various interviews and commentaries and recordings -- it's unbelievable, and it's unbelievably interesting. It's certainly a hell of a lot more interesting that the actual Star Wars DVD commentaries, that's for sure. I swear, if Lucas had any true love for Star Wars fans, he'd buy Davdar's work and include them as an alternate version on the upcoming Blu-rays. He won't, but he should. Anyways, part 1 is above, and you can see the other 13 parts (I told you it was the whole damn movie) here

1 comment:

DKC said...

I have to stop watching or I will get no work done today! I'm half way through the second part. Fascinating. I totally love behind the scenes stuff like this.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...