Monday, February 14, 2011

Dig it.

I was perusing the Grammy nominees yesterday, while pretending to work, and came across this video for Arcade Fire's Suburbia. (Although I wasn't thrilled with their performance of Month of May on the Grammys; I think that had more to do with the crappy sound issues the telecast had going all night long.)

Anyway. I really love the following video and the song. Apparently this was directed by Spike Jonze. The feeling of the kids in the beginning as they hang out made me long for those kind of do nothing days of early adolescence. Before things got all crappy. Hope you guys enjoy!

4 comments:

JPX said...

Love the song! Two things came to mind as I watched the video; (1) kids that age are ugly, and (2) I bet their parents would be pretty pissed off if they knew that their kids were wrecking their bicycles like that.

Why did the one kid beat the other kid up?

DKC said...

Yeah, but the fact that they are ugly and doing stupid shit with their bikes is what makes it more realistic to me.

Not sure about your question. Looks like the kid was "militarized" (judging from his haircut).

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I'm very happy Arcade Fire won the best album grammy over Lady Gaga. For once the good guys win.

Catfreeek said...

I can dig it;)

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...