Monday, July 18, 2011

Caption Contest, and the winner is...

Good lord you people make me laugh! I thought the strips were pretty difficult this week and I’m pleased to see that you guys took the challenge and didn’t disappoint. One thing I like about this contest is the slow trickle of posts over several days – it’s like reading the daily comics page in a newspaper, only a lot funnier (I only wish my public shaming of Handsomestan and 50p would have generated some heat from those guys). I always find it difficult to choose a “winner” in this contest because it’s all hilarious to me. I’m going to adopt JSP’s approach and rather than choose my favorite strip I’m going to choose the individual who made me laugh with the most strips.

Catfreek had me laughing out loud with her For Better For Worse



Panel 1

"Waaaaaater......p..p..please. I'm p..p..parched."

Panel 2

"D..d..dying...here. Need w..w..water noooow."

Panel 3

"You know you could have cut all the drama crap and just asked."

Panel 4

"Oh my God! Is this urine?"

Perfect!

I loved JSP’s Gil Thorp,



Panel 1

“You look familiar. Where have I seen you before?”

“Trust me, if you knew my true identity it would blow your mind.”

Panel 2

“There’s something about Rival High’s coach that completely terrifies me… Holy crap, it’s Evil Spock!”

Panel 3

KABOOM!

Octo’s Superman is terrific; it’s not only funny but is addresses an issue that everyone always wonders about.



Panel 1

Lois Lane: Okay, that's it Superman! Tear my clothes off now! Bend me over something! Why do you keep denying me?

Superman: Great scott!

Panel 2

Superman: You know how I like it, Lois!

Lois: God damn you! Well of course I'll do it because you just saved my life, but after that I'm getting a nice, reliable farmboy fuck from Clark Kent!

Panel 3

Superman: Thaaat's it... take off the funny hat... slowly, so slowly...

Panel 4

Narrator: Fifteen minutes and three hundred super-orgasms later...

Superman: Whew! Finally ready to bang Lois without killing her. Guess I should rescue that plane I hit first.

Everyone’s entries for The Cisco Kid and Dennis the Menace were funny as well. Laugh for laugh I’m awarding Catfreeek the win this week. She sprang out of the starting blocks early and generated 5 great strips – congrats!

3 comments:

AC said...

good call and congrats catfreeek! yeah, i couldn't even manage one this week... i tried, but couldn't come up with anything with a sufficiently different slant from where others had gone before. and i agree with jpx, it's great fun having strips trickle in, knowing we'll get some good laughs every day.

Octopunk said...

Nice one, Catfreeek!

Hey JPX, what about the originals? I gotta know what makes Gil Thorpe's head explode! Was that the last one?

Catfreeek said...

Thanks a bunch! I'll do my best to come up with something fun this Wednesday.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...