Friday, July 29, 2011

Rumored ‘Expendables 2′ Cast


From slashfilm [excerpt], With director Simon West preparing to shoot The Expendables 2 soon aiming at an August 17, 2012 release, it’s high-time we heard something about his cast. We expect that surviving members of the original – Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Terry Crews, Jet Li and possibly Bruce Wills – could all return but, according to an interview with the CEO of the “biggest film studio” in the country the film will shoot, Bulgaria, joining the cast are John Travolta, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme.

5 comments:

Jordan said...

Right...that great action star, John Travolta. He's certainly starred in his share of tough-guy action movies, hasn't he? I never get tired of seeing a heavily-armed John Travolta mercilessly chase down his prey.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Yeah, Travolta sucks and doesn't have the action hero resume to generate any interest from me. Aside from Face/Off (which I'm admittedly fond of) there's Battleshit Earth and... Get Shorty, the other Elmore Leonard flick that I hate myself for watching and Pulp fiction, none of which really count.

Anyway it's great to hear that more old, washed up fat guys are on board but Expendables 2 is the perfect opportunity to pass the action hero torch to *fingers crossed* The Rock. How could anyone not love that guy?

JPX said...

I have to admit, I do love The Rock.

DKC said...

I will also admit to a love for The Rock.

Jordan said...

Once he dropped the eyebrow schtick, I started liking him.

I also like that he's Samoan! That's great. Reminds me of the ridiculous Doonesbury football team in the 1980s.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...