Friday, July 22, 2011

‘Prometheus’ Footage Description: Ridley Scott Cross-Breeds ‘Alien,’ Kubrick and ‘Mass Effect’


From slashfilm [excerpt], I realize that what everyone wants to know is how the footage looked. In short, I loved it. Alien is real touchstone film for me, and while Ridley Scott says that the DNA of Alien is in Prometheus and everything else will be different, that’s not what the footage says. The footage very clearly comes both from the man who made Alien and takes place very much in the same world and is connected to that tale. What exactly was shown? How about Michael Fassbender crying, Charlize Theron seemingly doing naked pushups (something Damon Lindelof referenced on stage a few times), a shot of a giant head, some very beautiful images of space-suited characters in various states of distress, and a lot more. Read more after the break.

Read full post here

11 comments:

50PageMcGee said...

thanks to The Critic, whenever i hear about this movie, i can only think, "Oh No. Promotheus."

Jordan said...

Me too! I've had exactly the same reaction like three times today.

Octopunk said...

Hilariously I must hang here from my prop noose and correct 50P on how to say Prometheus wrong. Watch my toes convulse in anger.

"PromOOtheus!"

50PageMcGee said...

ōh nō, ōctōpunk is wrōng!

Octopunk said...

Uh, no I'm not. As evidenced by that clip. She says Promootheus. Which is much funnier.

50PageMcGee said...

this is basically the stupidest disagreement in the history of mankind. but humoring you for a second, if you're pronouncing "promOOtheus" with a long o as in "promOOtional," then yes, you're correct. but if you think she's saying anything other than that, you need to get your hearing checked.

JPX said...

I agree; I can't stop thinking about The Critic whenever I hear that word. That show was great.

Octopunk said...

You're basically the stupidest disagreement in the history of mankind.

I can't find anyone to back me up, and I'll admit I thought it was OH not OO when I first clicked on the link above. But to me it sounds like she drifts to OO mid-phenome. I guess it's the kind of thing only those with keen ears can understand.

JPX said...

This is why I love the blog - this has been the funniest nerd argument in a long time!

Jordan said...

L'Artiste et Morte!

AC said...

this is basically the best debate in the history of mankind.

mr. ac and i have always thought is was "promootheus" a la octo; however, mcgee is a musician, and probably has the best ear on the blog.

at the very least i agree wholeheartedly with octopunk that promOOtheus is way funnier than promOtheus.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...