Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chuck Norris is a wuss


From geekology, After speaking to some of the cast of "The Expendables," it became clear that everyone wanted Chuck Norris to join the cast. Sylvester Stallone eventually made that happen, but now comes word that casting meant turning an R-rated franchise to a PG-13 one.

"In 'Expendables 2,' there was a lot of vulgar dialogue in the screenplay. For this reason, many young people wouldn't be able to watch this," Norris said to Polish newspaper Gazeta. "I don't star in movies like this. Because of that I said I won't be a part of that if the vulgar language is not removed. Producers accepted my conditions and the movie will be rated PG-13."

The film has yet to get rating by the MPAA, so we'll see if the producers kept their word to Norris. But if they did, expect the language and the violence to be toned down.

12 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Aww man!

Octopunk said...

That is a healthy spoonful of suck right there. Who cares about Chuck Norris?

Jordan said...

I've never understood his appeal. Not only can he not act or talk (and not only is he a loathsome person with feeble brains) he doesn't even look like an action hero. He looks like a sniveling country/western record producer.

Catfreeek said...

Maybe he should change his name to Suck Norris.

JPX said...

He's also an ultra-conservative jerk who hates gay people.

JPX said...

Also it seems to me that Stallone was doing him a favor by hiring him to be in his film. I can't imagine that this story is true but if it is I'm certain there will be an unrated version on DVD.

Does anyone remember when they used to release movies in both rated R and rated PG versions? I watched a PG version of Saturday Night Fever back in the day. It was only years later when I watched the R version did I see what I had missed (not much).

Jordan said...

Saturday Night Fever is a special case. It was such a huge hit that they re-edited it and re-released it later.

JPX said...

Did they ever do that with any other films?

Jordan said...

John Carpenter shot two extra minutes of Halloween to increase the running length of the toned-down version for television. (I just learned this from the excellent Halloween Blu-ray.)

JPX said...

Oh that's right, I forgot about that. I have the TV version on DVD. I know they have done this for TV shows like Sex in the City and The Sopranos, but I'm not aware of it happening with many movies.

JPX said...

UPDATE: Here is an email from Stallone to Harry Knowles,

"Harry, the film is fantastic with Van Damme turning in an inspired performance… Our final battle is one for the ages. The PG13 rumor is true, but before your readers pass judgement, trust me when I say this film is LARGE in every way and delivers on every level. This movie touches on many emotions which we want to share with the broadest audience possible, BUT, fear not, this Barbeque of Grand scale Ass Bashing will not leave anyone hungry…Sly"

Johnny Sweatpants said...

He should change his name to Fuck Borepuss.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...