Thursday, January 12, 2012

Star Wars'd Out 1979 Dodge Ram Van



From geekology, "Psst, GW -- want some free candy?" I wish, I'm trying to watch my weight. "Oh come on." Really, I can't, I'm already borderline diabetic. "Wanna take a ride in my Star Wars van?" ...Just give me two minutes to ditch my mom in Target.

THe 4 foot wide X wing has just set off the chain reaction that destroys the Death Star and is flying RIGHT AT YOU, casting its own shadow.... Vader is pissed...

This van started out as a lovingly cared for custom van. When I got it, the headers, flares, front spoiler, and dash tach were still there. I am only the third owner. It had a custom interior at one time but much of it had been removed and the van sat for a while. It came with lots of spares and ran great. It was the perfect blank slate........ We got busy. The force was with us.

This van collects a crowd wherever I go. I seriously underestimated the public reaction this vehicle would get. Kids point, mouths gape, even had a cop turn around and pull over to have his picture made with it.


The van is being sold on eBay for $9,000, which, if you do the math, is $8,600 more than I've got. Want to go in on it with me? You pony up the rest, then we'll alternate ownership on weekends. I'll even let you have the first one! "You're gonna hide your little brother in the back and call the cops on me, aren't you?" Then buy it back at police auction? Yes.

Want to purchse it on Ebay? Go here

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

Farts! It's up to $9,100.00. I was totally gonna buy it.

Three bids! I usually watch these bizarre items go unbought.

Dante Mallet said...

That Dodge van combined Star Wars and Scooby Doo! It has that awesome Darth Vader and X-Wing decal, and it's the same car as the Mystery Machine. I'm sure a lot of people will be pining for that van soon because the "Force" will rise again due to the showing of Episode I in 3D this month.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...