Friday, January 27, 2012

"My name is Talky Tina, and I'm going to kill you"


Totally wicked! (As the kid at the end of The Incredibles exclaims hilariously.) You can actually buy the "Talky Tina" doll from that genuinely terrifying Twilight Zone episode with Telly Savalas. It really does all the creepy stuff from the episode: the eyes open by themselves, and it says all the lines from the show (by means of the original soundtrack), including:

"My name is Talky Tina, and I love you very much."
"My name is Talky Tina, and I don't think I like you."
"My name is Talky Tina, and you'll be sorry."
"My name is Talky Tina, and I'm going to kill you."
"My name is Talky Tina, and you'd better be nice to me."

Remember that last line, when Tavalas is dead and the wife drops the doll in slow motion? Gives me chills. Anyway it's just $139 bucks. Look!

6 comments:

JPX said...

Jeez, I was all proud of my Kanamit toy but this I must have! This is one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes.

Catfreeek said...

I must own this doll!

Jordan said...

I just watched the episode again (thanks to Netflix, which has all of The Twilight Zone). Wow, that's good! So scary.

I love that he can't damage Talky Tina--even his fucking electric saw in the basement screams as it contacts the doll's surface, as if he was pushing it against sheet steel.

Jesus, that freaked me out. I was going to go down to the basement after this to change my laundry, but not a chance. (It's three in the morning and very dark and quiet...)

Notice also that the new Talky Tina prop replica (linked in my post) is black and white...like, the doll itself is "in" black and white.

JPX, you can also get the Kanamit cookbook (it's just a recipe notebook, but the cover says "To Serve Man" in Kanamit language).

Jordan said...

I just spent 20 minutes reading Wikipedia synopses of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes, and now I'm so freaked out I'm going to have to sleep with a light on like a baby. There's just nothing like the Zone...

Catfreeek said...

I love the thought of you nuzzled up sleeping with the light on. Reminds me of many nights I had as a kid after being freaked out by the Zone. I shared a room with my older sister and she wouldn't let me have anything but a dolphin nightlight which amounted to nothing. I would cower in my bed with the covers pulled up to my chin and see awful things in the shadows, like dead bodies on my shelves.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I've been slowly combing through the Zones on Netflix for years now. I'm on volume 32!

I love the Talky Tina episode and I'd love to own the doll (but $150 is pretty ridiculous).

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...