Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oscars 2012: And the nominees are...



From ew, The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced the nominees for the 84th Academy Awards. This year’s most nominated film? Martin Scorsese’s Hugo, with 11 nominations, followed by Michel Hazanavicius’ The Artist, with 10.

Below are the rest of the nominees.

The Oscars will be televised on ABC on Sunday, Feb. 26.

Best Picture

The Artist
The Descendants
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
The Help
Hugo
Midnight in Paris
Moneyball
The Tree of Life
War Horse

Full list here

5 comments:

JPX said...

It bores me too.

Jordan said...

I didn't see a single one of the best picture nominees. I wonder what this says about me.

(Mainly that I don't go to the movies that much any more.)

JPX said...

Ditto on your entire comment.

DKC said...

Ditto for us too. I would like to see some of these. Desroc and I used to do a marathon movie day right before the Oscars. Needless to say, that was before we had kids!

Catfreeek said...

Abby and I tried watching Tree of Life but shut it off. They tried way to hard to be artsy. It would have been great if they removed the sullen voice overs and set the beautiful scenes to some light music, then aired it on the National Geographic channel.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...