Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Good Day to Die Hard



From worstpreviews, 20th Century Fox has announced that Jai Courtney ("Spartacus: Vengeance," One Shot) has been cast as John McClane's (Bruce Willis) son, John (Jack) McClaine Jr, in the fifth "Die Hard" installment, called "A Good Day to Die Hard." The studio also unveiled a photo from a test screening Courtney did with Willis. Check out the photo below.

Plot: The new movie puts McClane (Willis) on an international stage - truly a NYC fish out of water in Moscow - and introduces his estranged son Jack (Courtney). An apple that has not fallen far from the tree, Jack may even be more of a hardass than his father. Despite their differences, they must work together to keep each other alive - and the world safe for democracy.

"A Good Day to Die Hard" is directed by John Moore (Max Payne, Behind Enemy Lines) and is set to hit theaters on February 14th, 2013.

6 comments:

Jordan said...

I wish they'd get John McTiernan back, and I wish they'd give McClane his hair back! I can easily see Bruce Willis shaving his head (going all the way back to Pulp Fiction) but I can't imagine John McClane doing it.

JPX said...

I wish they wouldn't use a side-kick. That picture alone already annoys me about this movie.

Jordan said...

Both previous sidekicks (Samuel L. Jackson in 3, Justin Long in 4) were great!

JPX said...

Perhaps but I like the whole "lone gunman" thing with John McTieran. Either way it will be fun. I really enjoy this franchise and I'm pleased they keep making them. I agree with you though, McTieran needs hair. I've never gotten used to the bald Willis.

Octopunk said...

You've got your 'Clanes and 'Tiernans confused.

I've always found these movies satisfying (the airport one is my least fave, but it's still fun). But Max Payne and Behind Enemy Lines don't make for an encouraging resumé.

Jordan said...

The airport one is also Bruce Willis' least favorite.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...