Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Maggie Gyllenhaal Trashes Katie Holmes

From worstpreviews, Maggie Gyllenhaal has been speaking of her role in the upcoming "Dark Knight" movie, and in the process, possibly inadvertently, has been trashing Katie Holmes.

Gyllenhaal insists she was singled out for the role as Batman's lover Rachel Dawes by director Chris Nolan, and believes she will bring a new angle to the superhero's love interest, unlike Holmes, whom she replaced.

She says, "I'm not thinking of it as a role that anyone's played before. I'm not walking into Katie Holmes' performance. I'm thinking of it as an opportunity to play somebody who's alive and smart. Chris asked me to do this because he wanted me, not because he wants some generic lady in a dress."

Wow, that's some serious bashing.

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

I wonder who Tom Cruise would've set his sights on if Katie Holmes hadn't worked out? Clearly not Maggie Gyllenhaal here. Mouthy.

One of the Gilmore Girls, maybe?

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...