Friday, July 27, 2007

Want to see a really annoying trailer?

From iwatch stuff, I found this Alvin and the Chipmunks teaser trailer over on Cinematical, where the writer had this to say:

'Alviiiiin! Ah, there's just something about seeing Alvin, Simon and Theodore sing Funkytown that just brings me back to my childhood, sitting at home with nothing else to do but watch those old Alvin and the Chipmunks cartoons. The first trailer for the new, updated version of Alvin and Chipmunks has just arrived over on Moviefone and -- I dunno -- it made me chuckle. Then again, I'm a sucker for these damn chipmunks. '

Awesome, so seeing Alvin and the Chipmunks reminds you of your childhood... during which you also spent time seeing Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was nice of you to spell that out for us, I'm not sure if we'd have made the jump otherwise... Did your childhood also include getting hammered through your umbilical cord (btw, this is the most subtle fetal alcohol syndrome joke I will ever write)? I'm guessing business relationships over there require him to write that, because otherwise... wow.

Personally, I get the same feeling from the teaser as I do the poster: file this one under Garfield, Scooby Doo, Fat Albert, and the Darfur massacre.


Watch trailer here, http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/07/alvin_and_the_chipmunks_hilari.php

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

This franchise baffles me and always has. Shortly before the very first time I saw and ad for anything Chipmunks (one of their albums), I saw a 3-2-1 Contact type show in which someone showed off the device that, when you speak into a microphone, projects your voice at a much higher or lower pitch.

When I saw the Chipmunks ad, I immediately thought "huh, someone has turned that one-trick-pony effect into a stupid album." I had no idea the little bastards had been around since 1958.

I was wrong, actually. The effect is achieved by simpler means; the actor sings or speaks at twice the speed and then the tape is sped up. That is apparently just as good as Mel Blanc's distinguished and singular career. Sigh.

That is an annoying trailer. Because all they've added to that same lame-ass gimmick is CG chipmunks and jokes about eating shit.

DKC said...

I admit to being one of those people who like it in December when radio stations play Christmas carols.
However - I LOATHE the Chipmunks with every fiber of my being and refuse to listen to anything that is "Chipmunk" related. I'm not even going to watch the trailer.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...