Friday, July 27, 2007

Summer of 1992

From x-entertainment, My mother keeps all of the family photos in a gigantic plastic tub, and in those confines, they're not much good to anyone. As of late, she's been batching up packets of photos for my siblings and I, hoping we will use them for more than closet filler. I'm the youngest of seven, and there aren't too many Matt-centric photos compared to my brothers and sisters. I guess anyone would get bored after photographing six kids blowing out birthday candles, riding bicycles and opening Christmas presents. My parents didn't break out the Polaroid camera for me unless I was like, on fire, or at least juggling things that were on fire.But it's cool, because my big manilla envelope (with the word "MATT" helpfully scribbled on in permanent marker, thanks Maw) was also stuffed with a cornucopia of homemade cards, school assignments and random objets d'art created by yours truly through the years. A really broad timeframe was represented in these works -- I had everything from second grade Valentine's Day cards to poorly drawn recreations of Edvard Munch's "The Scream" done at age 17. I don't know how she ended up with the newer stuff, but considering the amount of gore and perversions found on the more recent doodles, I didn't feel like bringing it up to find out.One of the last papers pulled from the envelope was a total jackpot...

Read on for hilarity, http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0968/

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Instead of making a Summer of '92 drawing for myself, I refer the readers to the Simpsons scene in which Lisa drinks the water in the Small World ride at Duff Gardens. Except it was Disneyland and I drank something else.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...