Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ask Optimus

The Heuristic Squelch is UC Berkeley's humor periodical -- Cal's answer to the Onion or the Harvard Lampoon. When I was still in school, several of my friends were the editiors and writers. I held onto all of the issues they published while I was an undergrad. The March 1999 issue featured an advice column by Autobot leader Optimus Prime (ghost written by Matt Holohan).
In the weeks before the release of the Transformers movie, Octo had wanted to scan the article from my copy and post it online. We never got around to it. Ironically, if we'd taken just a second to do some online research, we'd have discovered the article posted in its entirety on the HS website.
Inspired by the birthday of JPX, purveyor of mad Optimus love, I searched for the article this afternoon.

4 comments:

DKC said...

That is excellent!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I can't access the article from work for some reason...

Octopunk said...

Well, it's hilarious. Thanks for coming through, I'mnotMarc!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Totally worth the wait! Hilarious stuff.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...