Saturday, February 23, 2008

Oscar Prep

Thought you cats might like to see this. I took this shot on the way home from work Wednesday night. I'm standing at the corner of Highland Ave and Hollywood Boulevard, and as you can see they've got the whole block locked up. Waaay in the distance there, left of the crane, you can see the pointy tops of Grauman's Chinese Theater. A couple of buildings closer, right under the crane, is the Kodak theater where the Oscars are held. All the hoo-ha on the street is covered bleachers and pavilions and I don't know what. There's enough red carpet on the pavement to drive your car on. They also built a temporary foot bridge over the street; you can see it in the back.

I could whine that they hampered my route to my subway stop, but truthfully I find all of this pretty cool.

2 comments:

Julie said...

We're so right in the heart of things. We were walking AWAY from the after parties for the Grammies, going the wrong way down the red carpet. And I'll probably be half watching the Oscars as I try to get some writing done at home. It's kind of funny how we're so near the glamour and yet really completely not a part of it at all.

DKC said...

I'm a celeb-whore so I think it's totally cool! Clearly I'll have to plan any future visits around award shows.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...