Monday, March 24, 2008

'Love, Actually' Drummer Kid Might Be Tintin


From iwatchstuff, Thomas Sangster, the drumming, now awkwardly-aging kid from Love, Actually, has reportedly taken the role of douchebag-haired protagonist Tintin in the Steven Spielberg/Peter Jackson adaptations of the comic. Wikipedia describes the eponymous hero as a young reporter somewhere between 16 and 18, so 17-year-old Sangster certainly fits the bill age-wise. And since the films will use motion-capture technology รก la Beowulf, there's still a chance to digitally edit out the sinister, elf-like qualities of the actor that make me fear for my soul every time I stare into his large, empty eyes.

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Yeahhhhhhhh, I just don't know how to feel about this movie. I'm not even into the idea of watching animated Tintin, so Tintin a la Beowulf has me dubious.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...