Saturday, May 30, 2009

Christian Bale Won't Lose Weight for Films Again


From worstpreviews, Christian Bale insists that he won't lose a dramatic amount of weight again. He previously set a record by losing 63 lbs to play an emaciated insomniac in "The Machinist," before bulking up to for "Batman Begins," and then shedding the pounds again for "Rescue Dawn."

"I wouldn't want to take it to that extreme again, because firstly, it was necessary to lose weight for that role - not as much as I did - but it was a challenge mentally to see if I was capable of doing such a thing," he said.

"I know that I can now, so there would need to be a certain gimmick if I was to do that all over again. But I do like, very much, the notion of seeing how far you can push yourself so I'm very happy that I did that. Everybody told me that I was risking my health the first time around, so doing it twice? I'm probably being an idiot."

For "The Machinist," Bale dropped from 180 lbs to 120 lbs by eating only one can of tuna and an apple per day. He wanted to lose another 20 lbs, but producers wouldn't allow it for health reasons.

Instead, Bale would prefer to put some weight on for a movie. "Hey, listen. It sounds like so much more fun, getting to sit down with a big bowl of pasta and beer and wine, that sounds so good," he said. "Maybe we could do that if we do another Terminator - we could have a rotund John Connor!"

No comments:

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...