Saturday, May 30, 2009

Troll 2


(1990) no stars

Despite grandpa Seth's dire and inappropriately scary warning to child protagonist Joshua, a family sets off to vacation for a month on a farm in the sketchy, eerie town of Nilbog. Lucky for them there are no trolls in this movie! Too bad another evil force awaits them.

Happily for me and my "bad movie" buddies, this film deserves its rep as one of the worst horror films ever made. There is not one drop of originality, common sense, artistry, or acting talent to be seen in the entire film! Apparently the crew spoke Italian, whereas the cast spoke English, but that fact alone cannot account for the foulness of the finished product. I have never been able to get through Eegah so I can’t say Troll 2 is the worst horror movie ever, but it appears to be the worst horror movie I’ve ever watched in its entirety, so that’s worth something. I can understand Catfreeek’s reluctance to ever watch it again, but I think this would be a lovely entry if we ever arrange a horrorthon movie night. I think everyone on the blog needs to see it, frankly.

Troll 2 itself is the subject of a documentary entitled “Best Worst Movie” (2009) which is currently getting good reviews… here are two spoiler-ish clips, the first for Troll 2, the second for the documentary. Enjoy.

6 comments:

Catfreeek said...

I would definitely watch it again in a group setting with fellow thonners. The witty remarks would make it all worth while.

Nice review AC, very accurate.

JPX said...

Wow, I still can't tell if I should watch it or not? Is it so bad it's good or just plain unwatchable? I love coming to the blog and seeing original content, nice review, ac, and thanks for taking one for the team!

AC said...

thanks guys! i say so bad it's good but invite other opinions.

50PageMcGee said...

nilbog, isn't that where Dr. Alucard is from?

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I'm sold. 1990 may very well be the worst, most awkward year for movies in general and especially for horror. That ridiculous top picture drew my ass right in.

AC said...

fitty, i hope i didn't spoil the movie for you!

johnny, you won't be sorry... or will you? anyway i look forward to your review.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...