Friday, December 10, 2010

Accolades for Octo!

Check out EW's list of Top Ten Reasons to Love the Community Christmas Special:

1) Abed’s adapted Community credits!

2) Abed fondling snowman Chang.
Abed: I thought I made you?
Chang: Yeah. You made me need to cry in a shower tonight.

3) Abed’s use of the term “Troy soldier” — as all toy soldiers will henceforth be known.

4) Jeff in the Box.

5) All the music!! The episode was touted as the stop-motion episode, but who knew it’d double as a musical? Thank you, Abed.

6) The introduction of a new Christmas mascot that will go down in history with the holiday armadillo: the Christmas pterodactyl.*WHOOT!*

7) The fact that Planet Abed’s atmosphere was 7 percent cinnamon.

8 ) The tiny reaction of happiness on Abed’s face when Teddy Pierce admitted earnestly that his Christmas was going to be a sad one, too.

9) The first meaning of Christmas being season 1 of Lost! Abed: “It represents lack of payoff.”

10) Troy and Abed in stop motion!


YAY, for Octo!! You can read the rest here.


9 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Yay! I watched it last night and it was terrific. Bravo Octo!

Octopunk said...

Thanks guys! The premier party was a blast. Normally I leave celebrities alone if I see them in public but I rescinded the rule for celebrities whose heads I've cast in plastic. I talked to the actors that play Jeff, Troy, Shirley, Britta, Starburns (who co-wrote the ep) and the Dean. They were all very cool, said thanks and congrats and stuff. Good times.

I was really knocked over by the presence of the Christmas Pterodactyl. Both shots were great, but the first one was truly epic. And I made that fucker! (Big props to Robin, the woman who painted it, because honestly it looked quite silly before she did.)

Catfreeek said...

Again, totally awesome! Congrats to you Octo!

Julie said...

From Paste Magazine's review:

"A remote-control Christmas pterodactyl is kind of the best thing ever. Even if the rest of the episode had fallen apart, I may have given it a pass just for that joke."


http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2010/12/community-review-abeds-uncontrollable-christmas-21.html

Julie said...

If you Google "Christmas Pterodactyl" some interesting things come up. And one of them is freakin' Wikipedia, dudes.

Christmas pterodactyl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Christmas Pterodactyl is an enormous, mythical beast with the ability to be summoned on command by simply mentioning the words "christmas pterodactyl". ...

Sadly, when you click on the actual link, the page has been deleted!!!

Julie said...

Wow, I enjoyed this, although I've only skimmed it. TV Tropes deconstructs the success of the episode.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Recap/Ptitle63khpqyv?from=Recap.Ptitleovnpo55j

Apparently the pterodactyl fulfills the "Everything's Better With Dinosaurs" trope!

Whirlygirl said...

Saw it and loved it!

Whirlygirl said...

Its awesome that the Christmas Pterodactyl is getting so much buzz.

Ires said...

I'm not even kidding, I'm going to find a way to make my husband a Christmas pterodactyl tree ornament. We loved it that much.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...