Monday, December 20, 2010

Kill By Inches

(1999)***

So I have stumbled onto some seriously weird flicks this year and this one is right up there on my list. It had the same disconcerting effect that the film Pi had on me. Thomas Klamm is a young taylor aspiring to reach the level of excellence that his esteemed father held before him. He has one problem though, his measuring is inaccurate. His sister Vera, a first class seamstress discovers his weakness and berates him into madness. Thomas' madness leads him to murder.


Vera is a bitch and if you ask me the whole family is quite mad. As a matter of fact the entire tayloring industry is immersed in weirdness, at least according to this film anyway. It's no wonder Thomas is a bag of nerves, he is expected to take accurate measurements solely by eying the client. Each time he is off even the slightest bit his domineering father and raging bitch of a sister humiliate the crap out of him right in front of the client. It's no wonder why Thomas loses his squash. If you're into slow descents into madness with a large dose of strange then by all means watch this film.

6 comments:

Catfreeek said...

FYI: I finally caught up on reading reviews as well and left comments all the way back to Whirly's Criminal Lovers :)

JPX said...

Oddly enough I just updated the Horrorthon scaore, damn you woman! I like the poster for this film. What an odd plot. What's next, a killer cobbler? Nice to see you back, Catfreeek. I was going to yell at you at DCD's party for your lack of reviews of late!

Octopunk said...

I'm glad you explained that he was supposed to get accurate measurements just by eyeballing, because if someone can't measure with a measuring tape I don't have much confidence in their killing abilities.

JPX, I think your cobbler idea is good, but he should be paired with a killer haberdasher. We'll call it Head to Toe.

Catfreeek said...

I love the cobbler idea, oh the damage that he could do with a stiletto heel!

AC said...

hey, there's a gretchen impersonator on the horrorthon score page!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

"...loses his squash."? I've never heard that one before but I like it.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...