Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holy macaroni! How did we live without Angry Birds?

Julie and I downloaded this over the weekend and I for one am CRAZY about it. You know how when you've been playing lots of Tetris you see it happening behind your eyes? Angry Birds does that.

I saw someone playing on an iPad a few weeks ago and I thought "meh." But actually playing it is rad and totally addictive. It's totally raddictive. The kinematics of the bird ballistics and the stuff falling down is intensely satisfying, and the sound effects are hilarious. Here, watch.



As the game progresses you get different birds with strange new skills for knocking shit over (I've been ploughing through levels and seeing these red birds solo is actually kind of quaint).

Death to pigs!

7 comments:

JPX said...

Ben has been addicted to this for quite some time but I never really looked at it (I'm still Doodle Jumping!). There's a rumor that they're going to make an Angry Birds movie. I'll have to get the App!

Octopunk said...

I hiiiighly recommend it. I love Doodle Jump but I'm afraid it's been replaced in my video heart.

(Although an advantage to Doodle Jump is you can play it anywhere, like waiting in line at Target. Angry Birds is a little more demanding.)

Catfreeek said...

Looks like fun.

Catfreeek said...

Dammit, I'm totally addicted.

Octopunk said...

Wow, did you actually go from newbie to addict in the space of 78 minutes? That's excellent.

Catfreeek said...

Yes I did.

DKC said...

*shaking fist* Damn you people and your fancy iPhones!!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...