Monday, December 27, 2010

“You Look Like Shit” – The Most Overused Line In Movies?



From slashfilm, Some of the most common phrases used in movies probably include ‘I’ve got a bad feeling about this”, “It is what it is”, “Let’s get outta here!”, “look at me, stay with me”, “Excuse me, is this seat taken?”, “What did I miss?”, “We got a situation here”, “You’re in the wrong place at the wrong time”, “You have no idea what you’re dealing with” and “you look like shit!” YouTube user Hollywoodvideoclips decided to create a video compilation of films which feature the last of those lines — “you look like shit!” The video montage is almost five minutes in length and features over 125 movies.

2 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I've noticed this and it always irritates me. It's basically a cheap way of eliciting sympathy for the hero after he's been through an ordeal. I know they used it in Dexter too.

Octopunk said...

There could be a separate montage of just Bruce Willis scenes.

You know, that's really an awful thing to say to someone. I don't know if I've ever used it. Who wants to hear that?

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...