Monday, December 20, 2010

The Case of the Bloody Iris

(1972)***1/2

Landord Andrea Barto is desperate to get tenants for his apartment building after a murder in the elevator gives the place a bad rap. In an attempt to fill the vacancies he lets an apartment at no cost to a gorgeous model hoping her presence will attract others. Unfortunately the model is also murdered almost immediately after moving in. The persistant Andrea tries again offering the apartment to yet another model, Jennifer along with her friend Marilyn. The serial killer wastes no time with an attempt on Jennifer's life but is interrupted before the deed is done. Everyone inhabiting the building along with Andrea Barto become suspects in the investigation.

Serial killer? Hah! I fart in his general direction.

I really enjoyed this one. A typical '70's giallo filled with suspicious people and unintentional humor. It also has one of the best falling death scenes. Very entertaining. Here's a montage of zoom-ins someone had the brilliance to put together.



Don't you just love how fashion conscious everyone is in these Italian flicks. Even the detectives are at the height of fashion in their terrific trench coats and fedoras.

6 comments:

Octopunk said...

Ha! Love the zoom montage. Totally made me want to see this. I hadn't thought about it before, but I think I'm a sucker for horror movies involving the fashion industry, especially from the 70s and 80s. (The Eyes of Laura Mars being the only other example I can think of at the moment.)

Catfreeek said...

The Sentinal is another

Johnny Sweatpants said...

The zoom montage was a great find! Makes me want to watch every film in the clip! Nice to see you're still churning out reviews Catfreeek!

Catfreeek said...

The zooms are all from this one film, lol.

Whirlygirl said...

I love a good giallo. I'll be sure to add this to my list. I'm very intrigued to see the best falling death scene.

Catfreeek said...

Not sure if it's the best ever, but it's a really great one.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...