Thursday, January 18, 2007

First Image of Wall• E Revealed

From Pixaranimation, "In a letter to Disney shareholders, President and CEO Robert Iger revealed the first image of Disney•Pixar's next animated film after Ratatouille.

We've enlarged the image to show a bit more detail. Sort of looks like a combination of Number (Johnny) 5 from Short Circuit, one of the robots from *batteries not included, the Mars Exploration Rovers, and R.O.B. Keep in mind that a lot of robots tend to be derivative of others, so Wall• E's design is probably paying tribute to his robot ancestors.

Doesn't that look like a face in the lower left rust spot?

The film will be directed by Finding Nemo's Andrew Stanton and is scheduled for a June 2008 release."

Here's Johnny!

5 comments:

Octopunk said...

Wow, I don't know anything about this at all. But I like that little robot way more than stupid, alive #5.

JPX said...

I can honestly say that I've never seen Short Circuit.

I still want to punch Johnny 5.

Octopunk said...

Don't punch Johnny 5! How could you?

You'll totally hurt your hand. Use a big monkey wrench instead. Or a car.

(I've never seen the movie either, btw.)

Jordan said...

I've never seen any of the movies mentioned except The Black Hole, but I still want to give all these robots jobs as parking meters.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

The robot on the top needs a direct shot with a sledgehammer, it's those "why me?" eyes.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...