Friday, January 26, 2007

The Mist is coming


From AICN, "Frank Darabont's script of Stephen King's THE MIST - is simply one of the most fun and nightmarishly good times to read - and as I see Frank beginning to fill out his cast... Let's see, he began with Thomas Jane, who has a knack of getting better with nearly every role. Then today, he announced to Hollywood Reporter that he has Andre Braugher and Laurie Holden coming aboard... well, that's just showing that he's putting together a very smart cast.

He's going to be shooting in Shreveport, La around the middle of February - and if I can, I'm gonna try my best to get on this set. Last Darabont set I got on, was THE GREEN MILE - and it was a wonderful set to visit. Here, he's got a completely different type of King flick on his hands, and I can't wait to see how Frank handles it. Can't wait to see this film!"

3 comments:

JPX said...

I can't recall anything about this story except that I always mix it up with The Fog. Anyone?

Octopunk said...

This story is great! A thick, wind-defying mist spreads out from some military compound, and the narrator gets caught in the supermarket when it's besieged by the endless array of nasty monsters the mist contains. Scary stuff.

I think it's the first story in Skeleton Crew, and it's novella-length. 100 pages or thereabouts.

I wonder if all the mist will make it easier to sneak on the set?

50PageMcGee said...

thomas jane gets better with every role? i hope that means the punisher was his first movie, because he sucked in that. i'd hate to think of what came before.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...