Monday, January 22, 2007

Spider-Man 4?


From Darkhorizons, "Superhero Hype reports that Sony Pictures are so excited about the early cut they've seen of "Spider-Man 3" that they want to push forward with another film and have approached (but not signed) scribe David Koepp about the project.

Koepp's credits include the first "Spider-Man", "Jurassic Park", "Mission: Impossible", "Carlito's Way", "Panic Room", "War of the Worlds" and the upcoming "Indiana Jones IV". Sam Raimi and his brother Ivan wrote the third "Spider-Man" film."

and this little tidbit (very minor spoiler),

While promoting his new series "Drive" on Fox, actor Dylan Baker was happy to talk with iF Magazine about his role in "Spider-Man 3" and the talked about fourth film.

Baker has played Dr. Curt Conners in the past two films, a small role but one many have been waiting to see turn into the villainous The Lizard.

Baker confirms that "I am in SPIDER-MAN 3, and my wife Becky Ann Baker is also in the movie, she plays James Cromwell's wife and Bryce Dallas Howard's mother".

Don't expect the Lizard to show up this time though - "In this one I am still in my business suit and that's all I'll say. I'm kind of the guy that Peter Parker needs to come to whenever he has those quandaries about what's going on... All I can say is we're going to see a lot more of [me] at some point if what Sam says is true, and Sam is the guy who knows, so I am sticking with him."

Would he be up for playing the Lizard? "Oh yeah [I'd be up for that]. I'm friends with Alfred Molina and I just saw him the other day and he had so much fun doing Doc Ock, that for me it's a no-brainer. So, put it in [the movie] and let's go".

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

"...a small role but one many have been waiting to see turn into the villainous The Lizard."

So, he's called the The Lizard? Awesome.

Better than stupid old Mysterio, anyhow.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...