Thursday, January 18, 2007

Is Zombie listening to the fans?


From AICN, "An interesting rumored development on Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN.

My script review wasn't very flattering, but I also purposefully tried to keep the criticism constructive. I think Rob Zombie could make a great movie that is both his own and true to the spirit of HALLOWEEN.

Bloody-Disgusting is reporting a rumor that Zombie has decided to put off production for a little while in order to rewrite the script.

I've been told by a few people that the script I read wasn't very far removed from the shooting draft, despite what some sites reported. I don't know for sure as I've never talked to Rob Zombie in my life, but if what Bloody-Disgusting has posted is true, then I'd be inclined to believe my other sources.

I'm happy that he's gone back and re-evaluated the script. All I want is a good HALLOWEEN movie and doing this semi-remake/semi-prequel is a good chance to focus on what made the first film so great and avoid the trappings that made the sequels suck many nuts.

I am arrived at Sundance, so I'll be buried with films and fest stuff here for the next week, but I'm sure my cohorts in crime will keep you updated if Zombie makes an official announcement."

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

That would be really cool if he is listening, although after reading that script review I'm kind of soured on the whole idea of this remake.

Still, very cool if he's responding to that feedback. It's nice that pooh-poohing whatever "those crazy fanboys" are saying is no longer standard procedure. I guess enough people have done that and then had their movie tank despite their egotistical blustering. Thanks, almighty dollar!

JPX said...

Zombie is right, that mask did come out well (if the poster is any indication).

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...