Thursday, March 29, 2007

Anderson still on Castlevania, Count Chocula delighted

The announcement of Paul W.S. Anderson's departure from Rogue Pictures' Castlevania video game adaptation came a little premature the other day, as apparently the writer/director hasn't officially left the project... yet (we can still cross our fingers). Inside you can read Anderson's official comments on the issue, not that we care either way. We just want him gone.

Paul W.S. Anderson tells IGN exclusively, "Both Death Race and Castlevania are set up at Universal," Anderson explains.

"The studio wants to make both films, but obviously there is a scheduling conflict which we are trying to resolve. I am very passionate about Castlevania and whatever happens I will remain actively involved in my role as writer and producer."

That was the shortest celebration EVER.

Anderson's script will focus on the origins of Dracula and the uprising of the Belmont Clan, a vampire-slaying family who supposedly become humanity's last hope.

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Okay! It's midnight on Saturday and I'm at my friend's house and he and his kids are asleep. Time to catch up...

I tried to figure out this Castlevania thing. I looked it up on Wikipedia and of course found out there's a huge list of games that came after the one I keep thinking of, the NES game where you get a whip that turns into a mace and you have to watch out for those freakin' bats because they'll whack you in the feet.

But I just can't care. They might as well make a movie for the Atari 2600's Surround.

(Oh wait, they already did. It was Tron.)

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...