Tuesday, March 27, 2007

All you need to know is that he directed Hostel

Eli Roth says he plans to make some changes to the film adaptation of Stephen King's "Cell", but with good intention (not to mention the author's blessing).

Roth tells Sci-Fi Wire that "I love the opening [scene], but I also want to keep, ... not necessarily that same chaotic tone, but I want to keep the tension of the opening 40 pages of the book going throughout the whole film and introduce other elements. Because I think the book, for me, where it loses tension is where suddenly you don't feel like the phone crazies are trying to kill them."

His intention is to find a way "to make it so you still feel the tension... that any second you could get killed [and] carrying that throughout the whole film."

Roth hopes to shoot the movie in Boston, where it is set, and possibly persuade King to make a cameo - "If he'd like to, sure. There's always room. That's the good thing about Cell. Because it's like crazy people running around trying to [kill you] It's like everybody gets a cameo."

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

I want a cameo!

Oh wait, I'm not famous. Guess I'm an extra, then.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...