Monday, March 26, 2007

By then I'll have my own show

There will be no spoilers here whatsoever! I just want to exploit my membership in a geek blog to gripe for a second about Battlestar Galactica, which reached the end of its third season last night.

And what an end it was! Oh my God.

Then, once the stunning season finale was over, a somber message appeared on screen, with a regulation ominous-sounding narrator, who said, "Battlestar Galactica returns...in 2008."

2008?!

Well, look at it this way: it's enough time for all you bums who aren't up to date on "the best show on television" to get up to date. Those of you who are a full season behind have plenty of time to catch up. And, octopunk, this means you, assuming you haven't indulged in your appalling practice of tuning in every so often and spoiling yourself just because "somebody in the other room was watching" or whatever your lame excuses always are.

2008. I can't believe it. I don't think the cliffhanger-suspense-retention-mechanism in my brain can withstand the pressure. Probably, it will just burn out and fail sometime this Autumn and I'll be going, "Galactica? What? What's that? I've never heard of it."

Okay, I'm done bitching; we can go back to watching horror movies and not getting a prize.

UPDATE: Don't read jpx's comment unless you don't mind season three spoilers. In fact, jpx, if you could replace your comment with a link, it might be for the best, don't you think? (I'm worried about octo's "virgin ears" here.)

UPDATE II: I went ahead and deleted the comment. Don't get mad, jpx; it's just that Galactica season three is so sublime that I wouldn't even want my eyes grazing over that article and catching a stray phrase or two if I hadn't seen the season.

4 comments:

Octopunk said...

Excellent! That's all great. The end of season 2 was such a paradigm shift that I'm totally stumped as to what they came up with for 3. But I'm glad I won't be waiting a week between any eps...just until 200friggin'8 after they wind me up to a foaming frenzy.

Octopunk said...

Funny interplay of added/deleted comments and updates on the post...but yeah, I skipped over that first comment as soon as saw the word "spoilers." Galactica is worth all those precautions.

Jordan said...

Yeah, I didn't want to delete someone else's post, but in this case the stakes were just too damn high. I mean, I saw at least one thing that, had I been at the end of season 2, would have seriously pissed me off.

Sorry again, jpx.

JPX said...

No problem, I haven't watched the show yet so I'm not always the best judge of what should be posted.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...