Thursday, March 22, 2007

Low Self Esteem Girlfriend to Star in Indy 4?!

Hey folks, Johnny Sweatpants here reporting from the set of Indy 4. In a bizarre turn of events, producer George Lucas fired Cate Blanchett from the upcoming Indiana Jones sequel and Low Self Esteem Girlfriend has signed on in the starring role. According to Lucas, he grew tired of "trying to distinguish Cate Blanchett from Kate Winslet." When pressed for further comments he only offered "I thought I cast the Eternal Sunshine chick, not the Titanic girl. Hasn't she been in enough movies already, I mean Christ!? And spelling Kate with a 'C' is just plain ignorant." Lucas discovered Low Self Esteem Girlfriend in an arcade game t-shirt catalog from the 80's and was thoroughly captivated. "I couldn't take my eyes off her, that gal is one of a kind."

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

Yeah, but she always has the same expression on her face.

I wonder where that woman is now, for real. Do you think she lies in the dark and wonders if some annoying Junior High kids she met once years ago are mocking her on the old interweb?

I'd wonder that myself, except I know it's happening because it's happening here on this blog.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I prefer to think of it as a loving tribute, not mockery.

What keeps happening to my Lucas picture?

Octopunk said...

Hey, yeah! Has Lucas invented software that tracks down his very image?

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...