Monday, June 04, 2007

Octopunk's almost favorite video game coming to a theater near you soon

From AICN, Guess who's directing SPY HUNTER? Let me give you some hints...

-This person's last film is a remake of a cult classic also involving fast cars.
Know it yet? How about another clue...
-This person has directed video game adaptations before.
You're about to get it... it's on the tip of your tongue...
-Uwe Boll is the only director to make this one look competent at all...
That's right! Paul WS Anderson is now attached to direct SPY HUNTER. I guess he couldn't get enough car chases out of DEATH RACE...
No word on if The Rock is still on the project, but we do know that Anderson is having the script rewritten. Thoughts?
[JPX] Of course the 3 best video games ever are Centipede, Ms. Pac Man, and Tempest, that's right, Tempest.

5 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I never understood the appeal (or the rules, for that matter) to Tempest. It's like trying to have a seizure.

JPX said...

Them's fighting words! Tempest is all about the cool dial that you can whip around really quickly. It's very satisfying. Tempest is surprisingly difficult although it looks simple.

DKC said...

I used to love Tempest! They had one in the "food court/game room" of the Ann & Hope on Rte 6.
Yikes.

JPX said...

Ann & Hope is where I played it as well! It's also where Octopunk intentionally made me die on Jungle Hunt because he was jealous by how well I was doing.

Octopunk said...

This is a long-standing conflict that I expect will still be going strong when JPX and I are wheelchair-bound old codgers. I'll turn on my link to the global HeadNet and yell "you downshifted me to low gear in Pole Position when I was in sight of the finish line, and goddamn if I didn't make time because of you!" JPX will start whipping his cane back and forth trying to strike my holographic image, yelling "you weren't gonna make it anyway!"

I gotta say, it was pretty fun dumping his guy off that vine and into the lethal undergrowth. Way more fun than it was downshifting my car.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...