Saturday, March 01, 2008

Where did Hubbard steal Scientology from?


From WWTDD, A web forum dedicated to distributing information about Scientology has uncovered an out-of-print German book written by Dr. Anastasius Nordenholz, originally published in 1934, called "Scientologie". Those who have read it claim it bears a stunning resemblance to works written by Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard thirty years later. A sample of the original (from here):
Nordenholz calls for a "science of knowledge" thusly, creating the term 'Scientology'. "The task of Scientology is the erection of the systems of knowledge, of understanding, of comprehension per se. Knowledge is the common material of all other sciences. It follows therefore that the science of knowledge itself is the key-science of the overall system of the sciences of the world. All other sciences of the world have the science of knowledge as their presuppositions...".

I got to the part where it said "the erection" then I just started to giggle but it does sound like the same kind of stuff L Ron wrote. Except he jazzed it all up with alien wars and spaceships. It makes it more exciting. Similarly, I took a copy of the Wall Street Journal and drew a dinosaur on it and then started my own non-fakey Hollywood religion. I call it Dinonomics.

Go to web forum here

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

What they show us there doesn't really provide a link to Scientology that I can see, except for the term itself. Not that I aim to defend them, because I think it's all evil hooey, but I'd rather see them discredited correctly.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...