Thursday, April 17, 2008

I can't believe the official title of X-Files 2


"X-Files: I Want to Believe"

From iwatchstuff, Outside of "the truth is out there" and "hey, nerd!", few words are as ingrained in the minds of X-Files superfans as "I want to believe." The saying was clearly written on a poster in Mulder's office, and the sentiment was a running theme throughout the series. So I guess it only makes sense that creator Chris Carter has chosen X-Files: I Want to Believe as the full, lengthy title of his new movie. As he explained:

It's a natural title. It's a story that involves the difficulties in mediating faith and science. 'I Want to Believe.' It really does suggest Mulder's struggle with his faith.

At first I wasn't that keen to it, but I found that it if you forcibly hold someone's hand and keep saying it to them, slowly and sincerely, never breaking eye contact, you'll start to warm up to it.

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Bleah. I'd be okay with it if he were clear it isn't religious faith he's talking about, but rather faith in ESP and Bigfoot and stuff.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...