Friday, April 18, 2008

Whatever happened to Brian Dunkleman?


Remember way back to season one of American Idol, when Ryan Seacrest co-hosted with a guy named Brian Dunkleman? Dunkleman didn't like the gig and left, leaving Ryan to rise as host of the hottest show on television.

"It was such a big mistake it's embarrassing," Dunkleman tells TV Guide. I was unhappy on the show, they treated the kids like [crap], I didn't think it was cool. If I had known it was going to run for 70 years I would have sucked it up and become callous like the rest of them." What has he done since those dark days? Guest roles on NYPD Blue and Ghost Whisperer, and he lasted for two weeks on this season of VH1's Celebrity Fit Club.

2 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Yuck. I was hoping I'd never have to see that pompous jackass again, the smug bastard. Not that I used to watch American Idol or anything...

Alright fine, I used to watch it religiously but after Bo Bice lost in the finals I lost my faith in the American people and never tuned in again. Are you happy now?

Octopunk said...

Until today I had no idea there even was a person named Brian Dunkleman. I guess he's the Denise Crosby of American Idol. Maybe he can reprise his role as his own Romulan offspring.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...