Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's Official And It's Not Good: The Robot Apocalypse Is Upon Us, Nice Knowing You


From geekology, Well folks, it's been nice knowing you, but we're officially as good as dead. The robot apocalypse is upon us and our new overlords will not stop until every last one of us has been dragged in and chopped to bite sized pieces by these monstrosities. Currently "owned" by the Tokyo fire department, these "Robokiyu" (sound it out -- it means robot that kills you) bots were designed to "rescue" people from any situation. As you can see, rescuing is as simple as being grabbed by the neck with their throat-piercing arms and dragged into their digestive system (read: rotating blades of death). I, for one, am not going to sit back and wait for the robots to destroy me. I'm fighting back. Namely by creating a race of cyborgs that fight on the side of humans. I'm pleased to announce I've already sowed my wild oats with no less than two Roombas, an iPod, an RC tank, and my roommate's DVD player. Speaking of which, I think the DVD player is finally giving birth. At last, the first of my cyborg offspring!

UPDATE: False alarm. It was just an Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem DVD stuck in the player.

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

That's a clunky design for a killbot, and the color's all wrong.

AC said...

"robot apocalypse" now makes me laugh, thanks to the flight of the conchords:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoi1MSGu64&feature=related

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...