Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Cleveland Show


Fox has unveiled the first look at "The Cleveland Show" (working title), which is a spin-off from the popular TV show "Family Guy." The new series is written and executive-produced by "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane, Rich Appel (The Simpsons, King of the Hill) and Mike Henry (Family Guy). Here is the official plot summary:

Many years ago, Cleveland Brown (voiced by Mike Henry) was a high school student madly in love with a beautiful girl named Donna. Much to his dismay, his love went unrequited, and Donna wound up marrying another man. Cleveland once told Donna he would always love her, and if this man ever done her wrong, he'd be there when she called.

Well, this man done her wrong.

Donna's husband skipped town with another woman, leaving Donna with a daughter and a baby. Now she's come to Cleveland and offered him another chance at love. Unattached after the Loretta-Quagmire debacle and true to his word, Cleveland joyously accepts and he and Cleveland Jr. move to Stoolbend, VA, to join their new family.

Once in Stoolbend, Cleveland has a few surprises in store for him, including a flirtatious new stepdaughter, a 5-year-old stepson who loves the ladies, as well as a collection of neighbors that includes a loudmouth redneck couple, a British family seemingly stuck in the Victorian era and a family of bears living at the end of the block.

9 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I'm laughing already.

I love the drawing of his wife, it really nails the Claire Huxtable look. She's stern but it's for your own good and that doesn't mean she doesn't have a sense of humor.

JPX said...

Wait, does this mean Cleveland will no longer be on Family Guy?

Octopunk said...

Loretta-Quagmire debacle? I have no idea what's going on.

As long as it's better than American Dad, I'm in.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I can't warm up to American Dad even though I watch it a lot and there are some clearly funny gags and moments. It sounds trivial but I really don't like the way his chin is drawn. I've never been able to get used to it.

Octopunk said...

Trivial shmivial, I think that's a fine reason to reject it. I know someone who never watched Star Trek: Deep Space Nine because of Quark's nose.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I've never watched Babylon 5 because of the ugly man with the funny haircut!

JPX said...

The current season (3) is the first season of American Dad that works for me. I think it's taken awhile but the characters have finally grown on me. I'm with you on Babylon 5 for the same reason, JSP. And, yeah, Stan's chin bothers me too.

AC said...

ccouldn't stick with american dad; not enough laughs-per-episode for me. much prefer repeats of family guy. not especially hopeful about the cleveland spinoff but will give it a chance, i suppose.

last night the really excellent star wars-themed family guy was on adult swim, followed immediately by the star wars-themed robot chicken. i was in geek heaven.

DKC said...

Oh Man! I have yet to see either of those shows AC, can't believe I missed them AGAIN!!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...