Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dawn of the Dead sequel


From moviesonline, Its really rare I get excited but certain films turn my crank. Word has come from Richard Rubinstein producer of Dawn of the Dead ( via HorrorMovies.ca ) that yes after much speculation and discussion we WILL BE getting a Dawn of the Dead 2. I am referring to a sequel to Zach Snyders remake of Romero's Dawn of the Dead. Normally its just WRONG to remake a horror movie much less a master like George Romero's but I must confess I loved Zachs version of Dawn of the Dead and the sheer thought of a sequel makes me wet in my pants!

Zach stayed true to the principals of the Romero film while adding his own distinct and creepy twists to it! Dawn of the Dead 2... my thoughts? Cant get here soon enough!

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

And the Romero family of zombie flicks continues to be one of the most mutated franchises out there. Here you've got the old man still adding to the series while they're remaking the originals, and now a Dawn of the Dead 2? How weird is that?

That would like making a sequel to Empire Strikes Back that doesn't progress to Jedi but rather forms its own offshoot. "Empire Strikes Back 2."

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...