Sunday, February 21, 2010

Digital sculpting class

This was what I came up with after messing around for about two hours, starting with the Mudbox program's abstract human head (which annoyingly I can't find a picture of). At first I thought the prof wanted us to do exactly what he was doing (a real puffy head) and then realized my mistake. The ears never recovered.

Those dots and circle are the brush tool, which I forgot to move out of the way before I snapped the screencap. See how there's two dots? That's because as you sculpt one side the other side does the same thing. Nice.

6 comments:

JPX said...

Cool, man. Where are you taking a class? How often does it meet? It looks like you're already at the Tron-level of expertise. I look forward to seeing your future work.

DKC said...

Coooooooooooooooool.

Catfreeek said...

Totally cool, keep showing us your progression :)

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I haven't been commenting because I was away for the weekend but this is f'in cool Octo. Looks like the start of something brilliant.

HandsomeStan said...

Can I send you some drawings to sculpt? I gotta learn this program!

(Along with Photoshop. And Word...)

The Mr. said...

Sweet!!!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...