Monday, February 01, 2010

The Griswolds to appear in super Bowl ad


[JPX] I don't make it a secret that I despise football and I've never watched a game from beginning to end in my life. I used to tape the Super Bowl so I could watch the ads and skip the game but I've even lost interest in doing that given that I can watch the best ones online the next day. Anyway, it's a slow news day and this little tidbit peaked my interest. The "Vacation" movies are pretty mediocre, but I have a soft spot for them.

From tvsquad, In a spot for HomeAway.com, Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo will be the Griswolds again, reprising their National Lampoon Vacation characters.

As the Griswolds, Chevy and Beverly did three National Lampoon Vacation films after the first endeavor -- European Vacation, Christmas Vacation and Vegas Vacation -- but it was the original that remains a minor comic classic.

In keeping with the spirit of that film, the commercial will feature the couple going on a vacation, this time a romantic getaway. Naturally, things go awry, as they always do when Clark's involved. The Super Bowl ad will play as sort of a trailer for a short Griswold picture called Hotel Hell Vacation on the HomeAway.com site. They represent good vacation rental properties.

No comments:

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...