Monday, February 15, 2010

Doug Fieger, lead singer of rock group the Knack, dies at 57


From ew, Doug Fieger, lead singer of rock group the Knack, died at 57 after a battle with cancer, his brother Geoffrey confirmed today. “I’ve had 10 great lives,” Fieger told the Detroit News in a January interview. “And I expect to have some more. I don’t feel cheated in any way, shape or form.” Get the Knack, the album that featured “My Sharona,” spent six weeks at No. 1 in 1979. The hit single was perhaps best immortalized (or at least revitalized) via a hilarious impromptu gas station dance party in 1994’s Reality Bites. “Can you turn this up please? Please? You won’t be sorry.”

6 comments:

Octopunk said...

"My Sharona" always had and always will have far, far more awesomeness than stupid Reality Bites.

Doodoo doodoo DOOP doo DOOP doo doodoo doodoo...

Catfreeek said...

My Sharona might be the most parodied song ever. Too many on YouTube to post but here's the first.

Landshark said...

I hate the phrase, "any way, shape, or form."

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Cheech did it before Weird Al Catfreeek! I think it was in Nice Dreams when he sang "Dunna-nunna nuh nuh, My scrotum!"

Catfreeek said...

Haha! You're right JSP it was "Nice Dreams". Do you remember who did "My Big Boner"?

yanmaneee said...

yeezys
nike air max 95
cheap jordans
nike air max 97
nike vapormax
lebron 15 shoes
cheap jordans
yeezy 500
nike air max 90
nike air max 97

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...