Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fright Night


(1985) ***1/2

Charley Brewster is a typical 80s teenager who loves horror movies and his girlfriend Amy.  When a sinister man moves in next door, and mysterious deaths commence, Charley figures out what's really going on, but no one will believe him.

I'm probably the only one on the blog who hadn't ever seen this, but I can see why it's a cult favorite, with its fun and potent mix of 80s cheese, humor, and horror.  Apparently there's a recent remake... has anyone seen it?

4 comments:

JPX said...

I think it's now your job to see the remake as well as the sequel!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I'm embarrassed to say I've never seen this!

Catfreeek said...

I love both the original and the remake. Chris Sarandon actually makes an appearance in the remake sort of giving his stamp of approval. You should totally watch it.

Octopunk said...

I want to see the remake too but I'd avoid the sequel. Totally lacks the fizz of the first one.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...