Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sleep Tight

2011 ****

Concierge Cesar is obsessed with Clara, a perpetually pleasant tenant living in the apartment building where he works. Cesar is a very gloomy and depressed person he resents Clara for being so happy all the time and becomes determined to wipe the smile off her face. He sneaks into her place and ruins the watch her mother gave her and baits her apartment so it becomes infested with cockroaches among other things. Still Clara seems to shake off all of his efforts, which just makes Cesar more determined to break her. The question is just how far is he willing to go.


Cesar is one creepy bastard; he lets himself into Clara’s apartment nightly then hides under her bed until she falls asleep. Once asleep he chloroforms her then sleeps beside her until morning. He rises before her and leaves before she wakes so she is completely unaware of this violation. What an intriguing film; though not what we were expecting at all. We were thinking this would be a lighter almost comedic film by the description in Netflix, boy were we off. I don't want to give too much away but it really gets interesting once Clara’s boyfriend comes to town, Tony & I were glued to the screen. I have to say I’m becoming a fast fan of Spanish horror.

5 comments:

Octopunk said...

Wow. I feel like everyone should have a guy like that in their lives to explain why their house is a mess.

"Oh that, it wasn't me. My phantom stalker messed everything up in here."

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I've loved every Spanish horror film I've seen. This one looks great!

AC said...

sounds great to me too.

JPX said...

This sounds great, Cat, and right up my alley!

DKC said...

I'm totally using that line, Octo!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...