Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Connery continues to remind me why I think he's a dick


From darkhorizons, This news came in over the weekend so it's no April Fools joke, unlike the casting of Timothy Dalton as the new 'M' story we ran last year.

According to Ace Showbiz, the seemingly retired Sean Connery wouldn't mind coming back to the film franchise that made him famous - James Bond. As usual with Connery though, it's all about the money.

He says "I wouldn't mind coming back as a Bond villain. But I don't think they would pay me enough. They don't pay the money for other parts, only for the Bond character, although that wasn't the case when I was doing it."

Meanwhile, Ford have reportedly negotiated a $36 million deal to have their little Ka Zetec Climate model featured in the upcoming Bond film "Quantum of Solace". Daniel Craig will be seen driving the sensible car in the opening scenes of the forthcoming film before returning to his usual Aston Martin sports car.

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

I'm not saying Connery's not a dick, but I find this hilarious and admirably ballsy. Why not point out that the only person to be in a Bond movie is James Bond? Fuck yeah!

Compare that to Roger Moore flashing his palsied mug over every Bondathon on USA. Bleah.

Frankie Freako

(2024) ***1/2 Is a movie that's *trying* to be Stupid And Annoying, and succeeds at being both, therefore a good movie? It really depend...