Friday, April 04, 2008

Woman Dies, Is Buried With Cell Phone, Still Pesters Husband Via Text Messages


Sadie Jones died five years ago and was buried with her most valuable possession -- her cell phone. Now her grieving widower, Frank Jones, claims to be receiving text messages from beyond the grave.

Shortly after his wife's death, Frank claims to have had a missed call on his mobile, which didn't ring. "The call was from my own home number, but there was nobody in the house," he explains. "When I went inside there was a smell like cigarettes which Sadie used to smoke and the smell of her perfume." The 59-year-old also claims that his late wife has been sending them all SMSes from beyond the grave. "There have been messages with words Sadie would say but there's no number."

First of all, when I die (which will likely be sooner than later -- I <3 booze), please don't bury me with my cell phone. When I'm gone I don't want any of the people I know calling and disturbing my eternal slumber. I freaking love sleeping. And while text messages from beyond the grave is certainly interesting, I think we're missing the real issue here -- the supernatural cell phone battery. That thing holds a charge for five years? Shit, mine's dead (!) after two days.

No comments:

Frankie Freako

(2024) ***1/2 Is a movie that's *trying* to be Stupid And Annoying, and succeeds at being both, therefore a good movie? It really depend...