Thursday, March 19, 2009

Natasha Richardson dies at 45

NEW YORK (AP) -- Natasha Richardson, a gifted and precocious heiress to acting royalty whose career highlights included the film "Patty Hearst" and a Tony-winning performance in a stage revival of "Cabaret," died Wednesday at age 45 after suffering a head injury from a skiing accident.

Alan Nierob, the Los Angeles-based publicist for Richardson's husband Liam Neeson, confirmed her death in a written statement.

"Liam Neeson, his sons (Micheal and Daniel), and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha," the statement said. "They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

Read the rest here. [dcd - Really sad]


2 comments:

JPX said...

I've been following this story as it has unfolded over the past few days and no matter how much I read about her I just have no idea who she is. I looked at her credits and I don't believe I've ever seen her in anything. She was apparently a very nice person and I feel badly for her family. It's just such a stupid death. I've published research on traumatic brain injuries and it's scary stuff!

DKC said...

She was in the remake of The Parent Trap which was actually a pretty good remake. Back when Lindsey Lohan has an acting career.

It's just one of those totally freaky things. Sad, sad.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...