Saturday, November 28, 2009

How I Got Back Into Shape Post Pregnancy

No, I'm kidding. That's not me.

I just wanted to share this article about becoming a cyborg and living forever. Apparently, if you can live on a calorie restricted diet and keep yourself in pretty good shape until 2045, you might have a chance to become a cyborg and live forever. 2045 is the projected date of the "Singularity":


Within a quarter century, nonbiological intelligence will match the range and subtlety of human intelligence. It will then soar past it because of the continuing acceleration of information-based technologies, as well as the ability of machines to instantly share their knowledge. Intelligent nanorobots will be deeply integrated in our bodies, our brains, and our environment, overcoming pollution and poverty, providing vastly extended longevity, full-immersion virtual reality incorporating all of the senses (like “The Matrix”), “experience beaming” (like “Being John Malkovich”), and vastly enhanced human intelligence. The result will be an intimate merger between the technology-creating species and the technological evolutionary process it spawned.


You all go on. I'm already rotting away, so I'm going to just keep eating.

5 comments:

AC said...

hah!

i of course will continue to eat normally, and would resist becoming a cyborg even if i happen to be alive when the singularity occurs. however, mr. ac is pro-technology and pro-living forever, so he might be up for becoming a cyborg.

Catfreeek said...

Boy, won't all the men be disappointed if all the cyborgs don't look like that chick.

You know that character had to be designed by a man. There is no armor in any of her vulnerable spots. Then again, if the enemy is male I'd put my money on the chick.

DKC said...

That suit looks mighty uncomfortable to me. That's all my sayin'.

Octopunk said...

Hmm. I'm actually kind of afraid of nanobots. I have this nagging feeling they're going to be released into the environment and just start breaking down all molecules to build more of themselves, until the whole planet is a big glob of liquid metal. But that's me.

Jordan said...

I usually like "sexy warrior" outfits, but that's just ridiculous and not erotic.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...