Friday, November 06, 2009

Tell No One


(2006)

Alex's wife Margot is murdered while they are on vacation. Alex was cracked over the head and left for dead before he could get a look at the assailant. He woke up in the hospital after being in a coma for several days not knowing how he got there. Eight years later Alex is still grieving his beloved Margot when out of the blue he receives an email with a video showing Margot very much alive. In the meantime, the police investigate 2 bodies that were unearthed at Alex & Margot's vacation home where she was murdered. With the bodies there is a key to a safe-deposit box that contains incriminating photos and a bloodstained weapon now making Alex a prime suspect in Margot’s murder. As he continues to receive emails from someone he believes to be Margot he must now avert the police to try and reconnect with his beloved wife.


What a wonderful surprise I found with this film. Intense, well acted and beautifully filmed. Once again my hat is off to the French and this one did not need to shock us with extreme gore. If I had to make a comparison I would liken this to the style of Hitchcock, full of mystery and suspense. I was drawn into it's plot twisty intensity like diving into a seven layer cake, not knowing what flavor my taste buds would alight with next. The film builds in intensity until the truth finally spills out at the end. Fantastic hidden gem in this years Horrorthon, I hope some of you queue this for next year.

7 comments:

Trevor said...

Mmmmmmmmmm, Cake.

DKC said...

That's exactly what I thought, Trevor!

JPX said...

Trevor, what the hell are you eating in your avatar? I always want pizza after I see that picture but perhaps it's a giant cookie?

This does sound like a good film and I'm blown away by all this French horror! Nice summary.

Trevor said...

It is a giant cookie. I was eating it while driving. Chocolate chip. It was so good, I wish I was eating it right now.

Octopunk said...

Man, now I want one too. Maybe there's one here under this magazine... nope. Another of life's disappointments.

This sounds like a winner, Cat!

Octopunk said...

Btw, Cat, I just caught up on review comments for the last several days, all the way down to your review of the Turkish Exorcist.

Catfreeek said...

Thanks Octo, I'll go back and look.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...