Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Postcard: New York City Marathon, Finish Line

Remember this totally smokin babe from Scorpion King?

Photobucket

And also how she was a total badass in X-Men?

Photobucket

Turns out MrsX and her (Kelly Hu is her name, btw) became BFFs out in LA this summer. Kelly joined me and MrsX's parents in NYC while we watched MrsX complete all 26.2 miles of the marathon.

Photobucket

Oh, and MrsX finished strong in just over 5 hours. So she just HAD to muscle in on the photo op.

Photobucket

But I'm very proud of her, and wanted to point it out in a very name-droppy way. Sorry to interrupt the Review Aftermath. Go Horrorthon!

10 comments:

Octopunk said...

Aw, so what. That chick totally got her ass kicked by Wolverine.

Okay I'm jealous.

Congrats to MrsX! She sure is hogging that camera. Just like her to run a million miles and then want credit for it.

HandsomeStan said...

I agree, SO like her.

In between being on a prime-time sitcom, going on auditions, studying (and working harder than a Japanese beaver) at NYU Grad School (Journalism), she realized she had a couple hours to kill. Hence, marathon.

That same day, I took a nap and then had 2 Guinnesses.

I stand in awe.

Catfreeek said...

Amazing job MrsX I couldn't even imagine running for 1 hour let alone 5 hours, holy shit!

Nice pics Stan:)

Trevor said...

That is awesome! The biggest marathon in the country. I'm almost more in awe of the whole - getting hours before sunrise to get out to Staten Island to wait for the damn start! Very impressive.

And hey - she did it the year an American finally won the race for the first time since 1982!!!

HandsomeStan said...

I know - Suck It, Ethiopia!!!

Octopunk said...

And who hasn't wanted to say that forever?

You know, I heard that whole Japanese beaver thing is a myth. The beaver cram schools in Canada are just as hard.

DKC said...

I am in total awe of anyone that can run a mile - never mind a freakin' marathon!

Way to go MrsX! You have wicked cool friends, too!

"Suck it, Ethiopia". Awesome.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Well I just had a nice bowel movement but you don't see me bragging.

HandsomeStan said...

I know - Suck It, Ethiopia!!!

AC said...

woohoo mrsx! what an amazing accomplishment.

and we are proud of you too, johnny.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...