Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Horrorthon 2009 Wrap Up! (will happen later)

Hey folks! JPX tells me his work computer has a terrible virus, which I assume means it's been lurching around his office biting people. As such he hasn't been all the blog presence he can be, and asked me to jump in with some sort of wrap up.

But things are still in motion! While the Horrorthon viewing window is closed for another eleven months, there are still reviews to write and categories to discuss. Write 'em if you got 'em! I know this is when writing reviews can be its most tedious, but I also know a lot of people didn't chronicle all they saw last year, and I'm sure I would have liked to have read those reviews.

As the signal that you're finished, slap down a Best Ofs list, because it's informative and fun. Here are the categories:

1. Favorite
2. Hidden gem award
3. Most disturbing
4. Best scream queen or female lead you would most like to "take out to dinner"
5. Worst
6. So Bad It's Good award
7. Goriest
8. Most memorable death
9. Best looking monster
10. Scariest

Of course #4 can be gender-flipped to Scream Stud for the ladies, or if you're really hard core you can pick one of each.

Adding new categories for your list is encouraged! Be as creative as you like. There's a movie I haven't reviewed yet that wins my "Most gratuitous shoehorning into plot of a giant octopus" award, so you know that'll be special.

Meanwhile, some alternate categories for rating our Horrorthon activities have been discussed (see the post here). I think this is a great idea, and we need more discussion. Which can happen right here in this very post.

I can't really say anything about proposed deadlines since I finished my reviews for Horrorthon 2008 two days before Horrorthon 2009 started. But I intend to finish my stuff by the end of November if not earlier.

Anyway, great work people. Start chatting, keep writing. Oh, and dig our crazy Jacks from this year (above).

9 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Cool Jacks :)

Catfreeek said...

Octo you may want to bump this up to the top, I've posted 2 reviews over it already and plan on catching up on a few more today :)

Johnny Sweatpants said...

We bicker about this question every year and reach a consensus: should there be a deadline to post reviews?

Catfreeek said...

I say yes, end of November. Personally, if I didn't have any sense of urgency I'd just procrastinate it away and never finish.

Whether official or not I will set that goal for myself. I feel like if I don't review them then I lost all that sleep in October for nothing.

Jordan said...

The day Catfreeek refrains from reviewing a movie is the day I faint from disbelief.

Catfreeek wakes up, eats breakfast, and then races to the computer to type: "Breakfast (2009) *** I ate this bowl of cereal because I was hungry, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I was expecting to, mostly because of the milk, which wasn't cold enough. This breakfast was based on an original Japanese breakfast from a few years ago, which I did not eat, but which I understand was a little bit better. Anyway I recommend the cocoa-puffs."

Catfreeek said...

Jordan, I only have 13 more to go. Besides, I have to keep my reviews short and sweet so I have time to read yours :)

Jordan said...

:)

HandsomeStan said...

Get a room, you two.

I just wanted to say briefly that those are some KICK ASS jacks in that picture. I bet every other carving dad on the block was like, "Show off."

AC said...

agreed on the excellence of the jacks; agreed on deadline, end of november (but that's easy for me to say as i only have two or three reviews left).

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...